Well most of last week was a write off! It really infuriates me when I get a cold. I ended up in bed for 3 days - booring!Well, I'm up and about again now, and thanks to all who wished me well. The weather is not helping any though. I'm about to be very British here, but what happened to the summer? It is raining for the 6th day in a row and show's no intention of stopping! I can't even see to the end of the garden, I think it has closed in for the day. Everything is soggy and the entire house has that eau de dogge whiff! I think another day in the workshop is on the cards.... After I've put some washing through. Thank goodness for tumble dryers.I've been trying to make up for not being in my workshop last week. So yesterday I finished the hand dyed polworth and started skeining and balling for future projects. So far I have skeined off a couple more hanks of cobweb mohair/merino and some alpaca/merino worsted weight. I have a hank of boucle mohair to break down and then they will all be ready for dying tomorrow. I spent a fruitless hour trying to do the same to a half kilo hank of Merino DK but there is no way it will be going on to Etsy, the yarn just isn't good enough. It has weak patches breaking as I tried to skein it! I shall dye it up anyway as it is really soft. It would appear every one will be having items knitted from hand dyed merino DK for Christmas! I also went through my yarn stash and have fished out some hand spun skeins for little Christmas projects. I may just sley my loom whilst I'm down there, I've measured off some heavy cotton warp for a rug, so now would be as good a time as any! Before anyone says anything, I do realise it is August, but if I start knitting now, I should have all the Christmas pressies sorted by October and there will be no rush. (I can hope anyway!) Right then, off to sort washing and have some taost with marmite. The old wives tale seems to work, if you eat a little marmite, the midges seem to leave you alone, and as it's the monsoon, and midges usually treat me as breakfast.......

Comments