Blocking Day

Had a very productive 24 hours, I blocked both of my shawls finally!! I really do not like this task AT ALL! Really must consider investing in a stretching frame thingy, but finding one that would be big enough I think may prove troublesome. I've posted more of the pictures of my Queen Annes Lace on Ravelry so if you want to see more, that is the place to go.
I also blocked my other shawl (in for a creaky back, in for a complaining knees as the saying goes...) This is the Shale Shawl, based on Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi Shawl. I knitted it in hand spun Possum/Merino mix that I plied with some Cashmere I had lying about. I think I am more pleased with this than the Corriedale QAL. I prefer the textures in the Shale, and it's more subtle as a finished article, echoing sea urchins. More difficult to photograph though.

Comments