Saturday, 23 May 2009

Crikey, no wonder it took so long!

Well, a couple of weeks late, but better than never!
This is the baby alpaca fibre that I had spun up for the wedding shawl.
As predicted, it was the wrong colour, but I thought I would show you what it looked like, before I took my revenge on it...
I knew it seemed to be taking forever, but now I have realised why...
It was 287gms of baby alpaca rovings, spun at a ratio of 32:1. this yielded a plyed yarn of 1015m - ooo-errr!
So, I now have a huge hank of very boring but very soft fine and squidgy handspun....
Only one thing to do I suspect, it will have to be dyed and popped in the Etsy Shop, so, I think yellows, greens, and golds would look good......

2 comments:

Freyalyn said...

Yellows probably won't show up too well - it's a bit dark. Try dark greens and orange/gold.

Lovely yarn though.

Kath said...

No wonder it took you ages to spin!! Very nice too even if the colour is wrong!