What to do when it snows...


06 Jan 2010 Guanaco 037
Originally uploaded by Yarnspider
I have found the perfect way to while away the time until the snow thaws sufficiently to return to my workshop. Guanaco fibre! Where has it been all my life? I'm spinning this for DH - been on the to do list for nearly a year (cringes with embarassment!). He picked it up from the Esgyrn stall at Wonderwool Wales. They do have a website (www.guanacosales.com), but I can't see where they sell fibre on-line.
Hats off to them, it has been dehaired and carded, and comes in the most delightful littly bats that spin such a long, long way!

The way this fibre spins up, I suspect I might be hitting the stash for some dehaired yak sometime fairly soon (been saving for a special occasion...). Until then, the Guanco and I will continue to make friends.
Now, if I can only think of a way to persuade DH that he really doesn't need to attempt to weave the yarn....

Comments

Joansie said…
I've never heard of that fiber but it sure sounds nice.
Yarnspider said…
It's from alpacas that have been shrunk on the wash....