Helloo, I'm Back....

Been busy in the real world (I know, pathetic excuse, but it's all I've got.) Before you groan, as I managed to find the camera, I've popped loads of photos in, if you click on them, they get REALLY BIG! I have managed to get down to my Workshop most days recently and to my surprise, stuff is really beginning to mount up - hurrah! Last time I blogged, the soy and Falklands was looking like this (See, did take pictures!). Now, it looks like this - yay! go me! All 545m of the soy/Falklands marle and another 200m of Falklands that was left over.It really was no wonder that it took so long to spin! But it really is fabulously soft and snuggy. I shall wash and block and leave it hanging there to admire for a bit, whilst I work out just what I intend to do with it... So, I have finally started on the next lot of spinning. This has bee sitting staring reproachfully at me for months now, but when I opened the placcy box to start it I forgave every glance! it's about 400gms of really yummy Shetland/Texel blended with Angora that my dear friend and professional heroine (to me anyway!) Freya sent me. It is spinning up just so quickly and smoothly. I'm aiming for DK weight, so I've swapped the head on my Majacraft Suzy for the one with the wool whorl on it and started on a 4.5:1 ratio, but it was just too slow, so I have settled on 6.3:1, same thickness of single, but far less effort involved! Its come up just dandy and quick too. (I love instant results me. Something to do with total lack of energy I suspect.) Think I may just ply it with a small bump of Hand dyed English tops in blues I just happen to have lying about. And to top it off, I took a managerial decision and used up the rest of my Noro Silk Garden Yarn. Quickly, before I came over all peculiar and tried knitting some more squares. (Stranger things have happened, I still need a tea cosy...). So, #1Son lost his fingerless gloves on the way back from swimming some time ago, so I whipped him up these, he seems pleased, although I have heard mutterings of trying to make him look like Popeye. It's not my fault the boy needs to put some muscle on now is it. After all I feed him, pretty much all the time...

Comments