Counting the days....

...to Wonderwool Wales, not long now.  As Woolfest is now too far away for me, Wonderwool has become doubly important to catch up with friends and purchase supplies to last the year, somehow it's always better to be able to squidge than buy on line, although I will if I have to.....


Now then,what have I been doing since I blogged last.  Well, I made a decision to finish as many projects as possible and managed quite well. The cashmere mix cloth that was on my loom is off and awaiting  fulling, (pix to follow) and I am in the process of sleying with lambs wool, a process that take most weavers I know a couple of days but will take me a week this time I think, lots of ends....

The spinning is also coming along well, just finishing the silk brick to go with the baby camel and silk, not sure whether to weave a shawl or knit something with it, will have to see.
Silk Brick0007





I've completed several knitting projects including DH's mittens4-7 Mitten 30 and a shrug.  Shrug 2011a 0027    Bit peeved with the shrug, it's really warm and snuggy but far too small for me and will have to be put in the present stash.

As I was feeling smug at finishing all the bits, it suddenly struck me that I only had a lace shawl and my butterfly jacket on the needle.  After the blind panic that followed (insufficient knitting syndrome), I went through my stash and CO a hat and a pair of socks.... phew! That was close, I thought for a moment this afternoon I might have to do some dusting...

Comments