Ahem, I have a confession.....

IMAG0134IMAG0128IMAG0129
I know I said I was going to dye the Merino in teals and peacocks blues, but I wandered into my store cupboard and these purples and fuchsias jumped off the shelf into my hand.  In my defence, After spinning and plying what DH calculated was nearly 3km of this (see Left) and this (also see left) I was pretty much all Autumned out....  So I split the Merino and dyed this (top right).  Which is being spun at lace weight (32:1) on the accelerator head of my Suzy. It's also being spun in order Left to right, so that when I get to the knitting stage the colours should be a gradation from the top to the bottom of said shawl. 

IMAG0142The other half didn't graduate well enough to really be included in this project, to be honest it was a bit on the blotchy side, but once spun that should just give me paler patches. Yum.  But.... it does however, go remarkably well with the brick of Silk I bought from Oliver Twist at Fibre fest last year So it will be spun into a slightly heavier 3 ply, possibly.  Or maybe a nice Marled 2 ply.  Hmmmmm....


IMAG0150
The other thing is, that now I'm no longer spinning Autumn tones I have heaved a huge sigh of relief!  I had not realised that I really do need to ensure that a little part of my life somewhere is forever purple...  So now I'm spinning purple, my socks miraculously finished themselves.  (It felt like it, really). All I need to finish now are the shawl (just a filler), and my shrug (in Spring Greens) and then I shall be up to turning the Autumn Yarns into the fabled shrug...
Meanwhile, lots of little things to be done.  Will share soon.

Comments

Freyalyn said…
Well, I for one am not surprised in the slightest. Bit like me dyeing stuff green for a change.
Yarnspider said…
I tried, I really did.....