And on to update 2.... DH's Prince of Wales Vest....



Now, this one seems to have dropped below the radar altogether (not sure how, but oh well.)
This is what it looked like when I finished it.  As you can see it is a trifle long, but DH insisted that this was the exact length that he wanted it....
And in his defence, he is not a short person... but.....  Lets just say that it wasn't worn, and he was too embarrassed to come clean.  Well, I allowed him to stew for a bit and took the offending article back and set to work. I first established exactly which bits of the pattern weren't his favourites and then I began to unpick. I unpicked in between 2 grey rows below the offending bits of pattern and picked up the stitches on the bottom row as I went.  I then repeated this procedure above the pattern, again picking up stitches as I went, this time, on the row above the unpick.  I then then, in an act of unsurpassed heroism and courage never before witnessed in this household Kitchener Stitched the 2 rows together! 

Prince of Wales vest 3Prince of Wales vest 1It now looks like this! Ta Da!  Can you see the join?

According to DH I am a truly talented individual, after succeeding with this, I wouldn't go that far, but I would say that Kitchener Stitch no longer holds any fear for me.....

And the bit in the middle?  Popped carefully to one side to be transformed into fingerless mitts for #1Son for next Autumn.

Comments