It's Past Mid Summer!



IMAG0079

It has just passed Mid-Summer and all the Oilseed Rape has finally gone over.  As a result I'm able to breathe!  A fantastic state of affairs if I say so myself.  Still left with shed-loads of meds a day but I've finally been able to to achieve things, which make me a very happy Yarnspider.
IMAG0054I have, for example, finally finished Jen of Fernhill Farm's Fabulous Romney x Shetland Fleece.  Rather pleased with the results actually.  It was a fantastic fleece to prepare and spin very well shorn, so no second cuts or wobbly bits. Woollen spun, it yielded a lofty light DK (approx).  (I suspect as they have just been shearing, there maybe more if you wished contact them.)    Clearing this has enable me to crack on with the other Fernhill Fleece project and I have just started seriously spinning the coloured BFL x Shetlands for cloth.  This will take longer as I am spinning proper worsted with a high twist for the loom. but it's getting there.  Will blog again once I've plyed the first skein.

IMAG0599IMAG0064And of course, it's the Grass Tennis season. So I have been able actually finish knitting whilst watching.  The first to finally come off my needles, is my Celtic Lattice Vest .   It took me forever to knit primarily because I was only knitting it in bed whilst listing to audio books until I reached the armpits and steeks. It's knitted from the yarn I had left over from my Bee Jacket, but looks totally different! the whole negative colour thing I suppose.  It's going to be very warm this winter though and that is very important.

Right then. Off to more knitting and spinning and lots more tennis!


Comments