Still here!

IMAG0378


Last weekend I was lucky enough to get to Wonderwool Wales. There was no way I could have done it in one day, So Darling Hubby was kind enough to drive and we spent the evening with the fabulous Freyalyn and Mark.  A splendid evening and excellent breakfast then a gentle wander home.  Fantastic countryside, with amazing vistas.

It was lovely to meet up with old friends and make some new.  Seeing all the fabulous colours and textures has really given me the inspiration I needed to start, very slowly to put one step in front of the other once more.
IMAG0369
Whilst I haven't managed much spinning until this last week or so as treadling left me knackered, I have managed to do some sewing.  My fabulous Pfaff is treadle less so it really is the case of turning it on and feeding the fabric through.

I finally finished the last layer of what was to be my Christmas outfit.  It's another Tina Givens pattern, this time the Lotus Jacket in very fine woolen lawn. I' still in two minds as to whether to pop it in the dye pot, but for now, it will be a cream layer over a navy which in turn is over a cream muslin petticoat.  Really fun to wear.
DSCF0395
I have however begun to plan way ahead and am carding some batts with my birthday fibre (thank you Freyalyn.)


I am also going to attempt to update this blog more than once a month..... 

Comments