Beginnings



IMAG1368

My Goodness! It really doesn't seem that long since I wrote here, but meanwhile, we have settled into our new home, our son has moved out and in with his fabulous girlfriend, and I have developed a hernia!  Honestly, I just woke up with it one morning and there it was! And it really is one of those gifts that keep on giving!  I am however in discussion with the surgeon about getting it fixed and hopefully at some point very soon we shall reach a solution rather than an impass.
More excitingly, my looms are getting set up, the Mighty Wolf first, as it just got folded, walked next door and has been patiently awaiting it's next warp. It is wearing a sample scarf - I like weaving them for clients, I get to make up as I go along and they get a scarf and more of an idea as to the flexablility of using a hand Weaver to develop their cloth. A win win I should say!  My dear Colonial 1 is still in pieces patiently awaiting assembly probably Sunday, with a practice warp (I am planning Linsey/woolsey) by Wednesday or so.  Something very special will be going on there in the very near future and I shall share more when I can. But meanwhile I am getting quietly excited and can't wait to start.
And between all this I have managed to get my workroom together and am slowly but surely working my way through the backlog of stuff to be done for family. All in all a very satisfactory time is being had by most. Now, if I can just coax that incorrect print cartridge that has managed to get stuck in the printer to let go I can put a proper one in and that will work again!


IMAG1369




Comments