I haven't been posting recently


My Life has become increasingly challenging due to the fabulous combination of a hernias (multiple). "No, sorry, not operating because of your lungs, unless your entrails are in your hands - and we can't stuff them all back in!" and then the flu vac. The flu this year must be damned awesome - the vaccine is laying fit people off for a fortnight!  Me? After the second set of paramedics in 4 weeks - I really am getting to like Oxygen is all I can say - I'm on massive antibiotics and negotiating the return of prophylactic doses to add to the mix.

So. September was a bit of a blur and October like wise. I am however attempting, however feebly to drag myself back to what for me passes as ordinary - we don't use normal in this house, the bar is just too all over the place and frankly, insulting.

I'm still weaving, and will probably continue to do so, until I finally drop.  I love weaving, it's one of the things about textiles I find so magical.  At the moment, I'm exploring differences in texture using lace patterns with a coarser yarn (instead of fine linen, a lambswool/linen mix) - so exciting I can't wait to get it off the loom and full it. Then my fun really will begin. The changes before and after fulling really are magical.

I'm on my 14th pair of socks since August but can show off very little as they are for Christmas (together with damson gin - warm feet and a hot toddy, what's not to like for Christmas?)

I am however 2/3 the way through a cardigan which I hope will be finished and ready to blog about by next time (I aim high...)

I also have a scarf growing on my Mighty Wolfe. It's a cotton/wool blend which promises to be light and warm, quietly pleased with the way it is turning out so, I thought I would share a bit of it...

Really happy with the pattern and a lovely treadle that I don't have to worry about following as it really does flow, making my brain so much happier.

Finally I have been spinning quite a bit actually as again - low brain energy required. Come to think of it, for me, low energy all round and so soothing. I am very pleased with myself as I have now a project on each of my three wheels (I can feel a blog post in there somewhere)


So. I have broken my duck and hopefully I shall slip back into to sharing what I have achieved. Fingers crossed. As I have so much exciting stuff coming up in the near future, I really can't wait. Meanwhile, trying really hard not to sneeze.




Comments