Oh My! It's been a month! Part 1

Kates Shrug (1)As you can see Kate's Shrug has been finished and collected.  Kate was (thankfully) really pleased with it (always a relief) and when asked what I would charge for knitting one for a complete stranger I replied with a figure that hopefully will put any sane person off!  I have come to the conclusion that only one domino shrug every couple of decades should be enough for anyone.  It's all those little squares....
IMAG0190Anyway. All the singles have been plyed.  It seemed to go on for ever but not quite.  From Left to Right, Texel x Shetland Blended with one of Amanda's Blending pots , the uber fine merino, a rather pretty merino/silk blend in Flora from Freyalyn (there isn't much in her shop at the moment as she is on her way to Woolfest as I type!) The nest hank also came from Freya and is BFL in her Mirkwood Recipe.  On the end is some de-haired yak in Amanda's Autumn colourway.


Blue Shetland And then I tootled off to the Bath and West Show.  Now.  I have helped out by spinning in the shearing shed for a number of years now, and whilst yes, I did promise myself that I mustn't under any circumstances buy any more fleece until I have at least halved the stash, 2 came home with me.  There were two there that just called to me, I am weak, I confess,  but when they look like this....  This is a fabulous blue Shetland from Andy Wear of Fernhill Farm on the Mendips.  I also get all my Texel x Shetland from him.  And this year I also have a rather yummy Teeswater x Shetland to play with (more of those later, at the moment it's spread out in the fleece loft drying).  I really would recommend Andy's fleece to anyone, minimal second cut, fabulous length to the staple and very little waste.  What more could a spinner want?

Comments

Freyalyn said…
That blue Shetland would overdye fabulously.... want!
Yarnspider said…
Mine, mine, all mine...... Ahem, it's far too fine sweety, you wouldn't like it. Not really....