Slowly but surely.

IMAG1434

It's been a difficult couple of weeks here, but hopefully it's finally improving.  The local rapeseed fields have gone over, so my COPD/Brittle Asthma combination is finally settling down and soon I should be back to where I was before. Well, nearly anyway!

So slowly and surely, and with lots of help (and some heavy duty medication) I'm getting back into the swing of things... Earlier in the week I was given a Suffolk-cross lambs fleece.  Now, whilst I had come to the conclusion that I had one more fleece to wash and that would be it, this was a present.  And it would have been rude to turn it down.  So, with my fabulous friend Carol's help it was dagged out and skirted and I popped it into soak.  Anita (wonderful person!) came up and helped me rinse it out and as it was wet already, pop it into the dye pot and look what happened? So pleased at the way it turned out.

IMAG1437 I also finished a pair of socks this week. They fit very well and are made from a lovely yarn (Araucania Huasca (Botany Lace).  But I am not at the moment feeling the love I did when I first picked up the skein. Odd.  Oh well.
As this week was the second week of the Tennis at Roland Garos I also settled down and darned vast quantities of socks.... The Speed Weve really does rock.

IMAG1398

Using the odds and ends of multi coloured sock yarn really does make a dull job go faster....

More later.

Comments