Oh My! I have been busy (sort of...)

Another month has whizzed passed, whilst I was constantly composing blog posts in my head I totally failed to write them down, so completely failing to share my life with you. 
I do have an excuse (sort of). We thought we were moving (several weeks ago to a house down the hill)  but it fell through. So instead we are moving next door in 2 weeks! It really does make sense, primarily as when we moved to our house by the sea, it was supposed to be a temporary staging whilst we found the home of our dreams in our totally favourite town of Watchet.  And now we have, sort of, next door.  To make it perfect we would move the entire property (awesome neighbours as well!) to the bottom of the dratted hill, but we can't have it all and air is so clean and the views are just spiffy.
And whilst all this has been going on we have staged my 2 annual outings.

The first was to Wonderwool Wales, we stayed with the fabulous Freyalyn and her husband and enjoyed the most spiffy weekend.  And I came home with a splendid haul which included a lovely new knitting basket from the Powys Creative and various bits from my favourites, (in no particular order, John Arbon, Amanda Hannaford, Oliver Twists and of course the fabulous Freyalyn herself).


The second trip was to John and Juliets Mill open day. Oh my! what a fantastic trip out with a Mill tour and lots of fluff thrown in for good measure! What more could a fibre addict ask?

And whilst all this was going and and whilst I have been putting my feet up, to pace myself in-between, I have been knitting. A lot. Several pairs of mittens fell off the needles (they have been promised for a while, so...)  and another pair of socks is half way through.  At the same time, Knubbelchens have been sprouting. I knitted one, just to see and they really do just spring out of nowhere!  They are also an excellent way of using up spare bits of socks yarn,


 I have also begun a swift(ish) piece of weaving which I will share properly once it has arrived at it's new home.

And finally I shall leave you with some spinning. 200gms of fabulous bouncing South Down from Freyalyn in her Versicolour dye way. So much fun to spin and a really quite spiffy hank of yarn. I am considering what to do with it. But I suspect it may well be used as a weft if there is sufficient.




Comments

fibreclaireUK said…
sorry I missed you at Wonderwool. I hope your moved is easy xxx

Freyaln and her fibre are wonderful, arent they : )
Yarnspider said…
I didn't get to see half the people I had hoped to - NEXT year will be better!

And yes, Freyalyn has the most wonderful fluff!